An effectively managed safety and health program may result in lower costs for management, and healthier, happier, and more loyal employees. But a poorly managed (or non-existent) program can significantly increase the likelihood that work-related accidents, injuries, or illnesses would occur. This, in turn, may raise the company’s workers’ compensation premium rates and the frequency of employee absenteeism. Thus, any company that is serious about managing people effectively must get serious about managing risk. Mismanagement of employee safety is a risk you do not want to take.
This course provides general information about workers’ compensation laws and discusses ways to handle employee safety and health issues.
Managers/Supervisors/Risk Management & HR Professionals
TIME TO COMPLETE
To help managers and supervisors understand how to reduce the risk of workplace injuries, to familiarize management with the workers' compensation system, and to provide guidelines for managing risk.
- Accident Investigation Report Form
- Employee Fraud: The Warning Signs
- Incident Report Form
- Manager's Guide to Occupational Injury Management and the Worker's Compensation System
- Minutes of the General Safety and Health Committee Meeting
- Sample Open-Ended Interview Questions
- Worker's Compensation Statement
This program has been approved for 1.50 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
(The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of this program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.)
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The Human Equation is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
The State Bar of Georgia
The State Bar of Georgia has accredited this course for 1.50 Regular Continuing Legal Education (CLE) credit hours. For more information about CLE credits, visit The State Bar of Georgia homepage at www.gabar.org.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, contact us within 90 days to receive a refund of an individual course or suite (no more than one course in the suite may be completed).
- Course Objectives
- Chapter 1: Understand Workers' Compensation
- Chapter 2: Prevent Workplace Injuries
- Workplace Injuries Prevention Program
- Supervisorand Employee Training
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Policy on Workplace Violence
- Chapter 3: Manage Workplace Injuries
- Chapter 4: Return-to-Work Programs
- Light Duty Positions
- Page 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54
- Chapter 5: Related Laws, Acts, and Regulations
- Chapter 6: Quiz
- Quiz (multiple choice)
- Chapter 7: Time to Review