Enjoy a pre-recorded chat with Attorney Brian L. Lerner, Ward Kim Vaughan & Lerner LLP, Attorney, Martin Salcedo of The Human Equation and Anita Byer, President Setnor Byer Insurance & Risk as they explore the Department of Labor’s new Regulatory Agenda of "finding noncompliant employers."
This is a pre-recorded podcast in audio mp3 format and accompanying Microsoft PowerPoint slides. The files can be downloaded immediately after full payment and are approximately 67MB.
You can listen to the webinar on any mp3 player device and you can review the presentation slides on any computer with PowerPoint or PowerPoint Viewer.
- Standards used by the IRS to classify employees
- Statutory and common law tests for classifying employees
- Financial penalties for misclassifying workers
- Department of Labor's investigative focus into specific high-risk industries (construction, health care, etc.)
- Dangers and pitfalls for organizations implementing recession-based pay decisions under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Wage and hour risks involving salaried employees, meal/rest breaks, time clocks, social media, and after-hours use of employer provided phones
- Hot issues from the plaintiffs' bar in wage and hour litigation
This program has been approved for 1.0 recertification credit hour toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, visit the HR Certification Institute homepage at www.hrci.org.
(The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of this program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.)
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The Human Equation is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.0 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- Why Be Concerned: Lawsuits
- Why Be Concerned: The DOL
- Biggest myths and misconceptions
- Salaried Means Exempt
- Commissioned Means Exempt
- Comp Time in Lieu of Overtime
- Unauthorized Overtime Not Paid
- Areas of focus by Department of Labor
- Areas of focus by plaintiffs in lawsuits
- FLSA considerations when implementing recession-based pay decisions