In a recent year, there were over 240 fatalities in the workplace as a result of worker contact with electrical current. Many of these deaths could have been prevented if the equipment being worked on had been de-energized, thereby preventing the release of hazardous energy during service and maintenance.
Even those employees experienced in working around energized equipment need regular review of the safety principles and practices they are required to follow. This course explains the risks associated with working around hazardous energy, identifies the situations when lockout/tagout procedures should be followed, and reviews these procedures to ensure worker safety.
All employees who work closely with and around electrically-powered machines.
TIME TO COMPLETE
To review the risks associated with working around hazardous energy and when and how to use lockout/tagout procedures to avoid serious injury or death.
There are no forms or documents in this course.
- Chapter 1: Instructions
- Course Objectives
- Chapter 2: Introduction
- Chapter 3: Lockout/Tagout Procedures
- When Should Lockout/Tagout Procedures be Followed?
- When are Lockout/Tagout Procedures Not Needed?
- Stored Energy: When “Off” is Not “Off”
- Energy Control and Isolation
- Employees Involved in Logout/Tagout Procedures
- Lockout/Tagout Procedures
- Requirements for Lockout Devices
- Requirements for Tagout Devices
- Removing Lockout/Tagout Devices
- Chapter 4: A Comprehensive Energy Control Program for the Workplace
- Energy Control Procedures for Simple Machines
- Authorized Employee in Charge of a Group Lockout
- Contractor Lockout Procedures
- Chapter 5: Conclusion
- Chapter 6: Time to Review
- Exam (multiple choice)
Students and employees who take the Lockout/Tagout Control Refresher
course will enjoy:
(To see if you have the necessary technical requirements, visit our browser detection page.)
| ||Course Features||Included|
|HRCI Recertification Credits|
|SHRM PDC Credits|
|Florida Bar CLE Recertification Credits|
|Florida Bar CLE Ethics Recertification Credits|
|State Bar of Georgia CLE Recertification Credits|
|State Bar of Georgia CLE Ethics Recertification credits|
|FL CE 2-20 Credits|
|Unlimited 1 Year Access|
|90 Days Money Back Guarantee|
|Friendly and Knowledgeable Customer Service|
|Table of Contents|
|Interactive Learning Activities|
|Questions and Answers|
Managers and supervisors who purchase The Human Equation's courses to train their employees will enjoy:
| ||Learning Management System Features||Included|
|Convenient User Creation and Management|
|Automated Email Reminders|
|Convenient Course Assignments|
|Customized Learning Environment|