Running a successful business takes years of hard work, resourcefulness, and determination. No matter how much time and energy you put into a business, one disaster can wipe out all of your profits and destroy your company. The key to making sure that all of your money and efforts do not disappear when a disaster strikes is to protect your business with the appropriate insurance.
This course is a basic primer on insurance and addresses principles of insurance, pricing, and coverage selection.
Managers/Supervisors/Risk Management & HR Professionals
TIME TO COMPLETE
To teach managers and supervisors insurance principles and enable them to make informed decisions when purchasing coverage.
There are no forms or documents in this course.
This program has been approved for 1.25 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, visit the HRCI homepage at www.hrci.org.
(The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of this program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.)
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The Human Equation is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- Course Objectives
- Chapter 1: The History of Insurance
- Chapter 2: How Insurance Premiums Are Determined
- Chapter 3: Standard Business Insurance Coverages
- Chapter 4: Commercial Property Insurance
- Building and Personal Property Coverage (Direct Loss)
- Business Income/Extra Expense Coverage (Time Element Loss)
- Contingent (Dependent) Business Interruption Coverage (Time Element Loss)
- Chapter 5: Commercial General Liability (CGL) Insurance
- General Liability froma Legal Perspective
- What Is Covered Under A CGL Policy?
- When Does a CGL Policy Pay?
- Contractual Liability Coverage
- Chapter 6: Commercial Automobile Liability Insurance
- Chapter 7: Health Insurance
- Traditional Health Insurance/Point ofService (POS) Plans
- Chapter 8: Miscellaneous Insurance Coverages
- Employment Practices Liability
- Watercraft, Aircraft, and Marine Insurance
- Excess/Umbrella Liability
- Directors and Officers (D&O) Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability/Errors and Omissions Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Chapter 9: Quiz
- Quiz (multiple choice)
- Chapter 10: Time to Review
Students and employees who take the Introduction to Insurance Principles
course will enjoy:
(To see if you have the necessary technical requirements, visit our browser detection page.)
| ||Course Features||Included|
|HRCI Recertification Credits|
|SHRM PDC Credits|
|Florida Bar CLE Recertification Credits|
|Florida Bar CLE Ethics Recertification Credits|
|State Bar of Georgia CLE Recertification Credits|
|State Bar of Georgia CLE Ethics Recertification credits|
|FL CE 2-20 Credits|
|Unlimited 1 Year Access|
|90 Days Money Back Guarantee|
|Friendly and Knowledgeable Customer Service|
|Table of Contents|
|Interactive Learning Activities|
|Questions and Answers|
Managers and supervisors who purchase The Human Equation's courses to train their employees will enjoy:
| ||Learning Management System Features||Included|
|Convenient User Creation and Management|
|Automated Email Reminders|
|Convenient Course Assignments|
|Customized Learning Environment|