Millions of dollars a year are awarded to claimants for automobile injuries. These awards can be financially devastating to the private or public employers who pay them. One way or another, with or without insurance, the negligent party will shoulder the cost of large awards. One way to reduce these kinds of claims is to implement, and adhere to, a Fleet Safety Program.
This course explains how a Fleet Safety Program will help your organization manage the risks associated with vehicle-related events, reduce exposure to significant liabilities, and save significant amounts of money.
Managers and supervisors of organizations that maintain a fleet of vehicles to provide products or services to customers.
TIME TO COMPLETE
To facilitate an understanding of the critical elements necessary to run an effective commercial fleet safety program, and to enable the learner to analyze and develop a fleet safety policy.
- Application Form for Drivers
- Company Policy on Personal Use of Vehicles
- Driver Orientation Checklist and Vehicle Use Guidelines
- Driver Selection Reference Checklist
- Pre/Post-Trip Inspection Form
- Preventive Maintenance Service and Inspection Record
- Road Test
- Vehicle Accident Investigation Report
- Written Test for Drivers
This program has been approved for 1.50 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI). For more information about certification or recertification, visit the HRCI homepage www.hrci.org.
(The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of this program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.)
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The Human Equation is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 1.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- Course Objectives
- Chapter 1: Fleet Safety Program
- Chapter 2: Fleet Safety Policy
- Develop aFleet Safety Policy
- Consider Personal Vehicles
- Enforce a Fleet Safety Policy
- Chapter 3: Compliance with Local and State Laws
- Chapter 4: Fleet Maintenance
- Chapter 5: Hiring Drivers
- Chapter 6: Driver Training and Education
- Benefits of Driver Training Programs
- Chapter 7: Performance Guidelines
- Documenting Performance Guidelines
- Chapter 8: Accident/Injury Review
- Accident "Do's" and "Don'ts"
- Accident Review Committee
- Chapter 9: Safety Reward and Response Programs
- Types of Programs
- Page 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48
- Chapter 10: Documentation
- Maintenance and Inspection Records
- Accident and Injury Records
- Training and Education Records
- Chapter 11: Conclusion
- Chapter 12: Quiz
- Quiz (multiple choice)
- Chapter 13: Time to Review