This suite of interactive online courses is designed for individuals responsible for background screening processes, violence prevention, and overall risk management and safety in the workplace. Courses within this suite:
- help the learner understand why, when, and how to conduct background screening on prospective or current employees, effectively and legally;
- provide information about violence in the workplace, outlining strategies to help prevent violence, and recommending procedures to follow when a violent incident occurs;
- explore employment laws and liabilities that govern and affect the conduct between employer and employee; and
- provide guidance on how to plan an interview, ask pertinent questions, avoid civil rights violations, and make informed hiring decisions.
Within each course, learners will find the most current laws, policies, procedures, supporting forms, and sample documents.
Managers / Supervisors / Risk Management / HR Representatives / Security Professionals
TIME TO COMPLETE
Each course is between 60 and 75 minutes.
HR Certification Institute
This program has been approved for 6.5 recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR, and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, visit the HR Certification Institute homepage at www.hrci.org.
(The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of this program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute''s criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.)
SOCIETY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
The Human Equation is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. This program is valid for 6.5 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
- Employment Liabilities
- Invasion of Privacy
- Sexual Harassment
- Wrongful Termination
- Background Screening
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Background Checks
- Reference Checks
- Employer Liability
- Violence in the Workplace
- Forms of Violence
- Warning Signs
- Sources of Violence
- Contingency Plans
- Employment Laws
- Recruitment Procedures
- Before the Interview
- During the Interview
- After the Interview