This course educates employees on the importance of back safety and introduces behaviors to protect the back and reduce the risk of injury.
Proper lifting, carrying, and unloading techniques, in a variety ofsituations, are presented.
Employees who may be at risk of injuring their backs.
TIME TO COMPLETE
To educate employees on the hazards that could lead to back injury and the practices to follow to protect their backs and reduce the risk of injury.
There are no forms or documents in this course.
- Chapter 1: Instructions
- Course Objectives
- Chapter 2: Protecting Your Back
- Maintain a Healthy Weight
- Strengthen Your Abdominal Muscles: Partial Sit-Ups
- Strengthen Your Back, Leg, and Hip Muscles: Wall Slides
- A Day in John’s Life: Morning
- A Day in John’s Life: Mid-Morning
- A Day in John’s Life: Early Afternoon
- A Day in John’s Life: Evening
- Chapter 3: Safe Lifting Techniques
- Maintain a Clear Sight Line
- Page 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33
- Back Belts: Effective Protection against Back Injuries?
- Page 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46
- Chapter 4: Lifting in Special Situations
- When Is a Load Too Heavy?
- Chapter 5: Quiz
- Quiz (multiple choice)
- Chapter 6: Time to Review